In order for our Support Team to quickly troubleshoot an issue and get it fixed, there are a couple steps you can try first that will help speed up the process of getting the issue handled if our team needs to step in.
STEPS TO TRY
IS EVERYTHING UP TO DATE?
A good first step is to make sure that your software is updated to the most recent version available. This can include the LawnPro app, but also non-LawnPro software such as your mobile device’s operating system or computer’s web browser. When new updates are released, they typically include bug fixes that will keep your software running smoothly. If you are experiencing a performance issue, check and see if there is an update available because that update might just do the trick and get you back up and running. A common sign that your web browser is out of date might include not being able to see or download attachments.
CLEAR YOUR CACHE
Clearing your cache can also help fix a variety of performance issues. How to clear your cache varies a bit on different browsers and devices.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the three vertical dots.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Open the Settings Menu. In the top right hand corner you’ll see three dots in a horizontal line.
- Locate Clearing Browsing Data.
- Choosing What to Clear.
- Restart the Browser.
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
- Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
- Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
SENDING OUR SUPPORT TEAM INFORMATION
Sometimes in order to troubleshoot issues, we’ll ask for more information from you. It’s helpful for our team to be able to see what you are seeing. Screenshots are a great way of letting us see that.
HOW TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT
Most devices are able to take screenshots but how you take one varies between devices.
Take-a-screenshot.org shows how to take screenshots on a variety of device including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS.
In the LawnPro office, we like using a program called Snag It! Snag It allows you to take a screenshot by clicking Shift + the up arrow and allows you to select which part of the screen to capture. It also allows you to markup your screenshot. If you’ve ever received an image with an arrow on it from us, it was likely created in Snag It. It can be a great tool when you need to draw attention to a certain area or point.
TROUBLESHOOTING THE LAWNPRO APP
Check out our article on LawnPro App Troubleshooting. This covers:
- Uninstalling the app to resolve general performance issues
- How to do a screen recording of your device
- How to find out your app version and device